Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Insomnia sucks

If you know me, you know I LOOOOOVVEEEE my sleep. Love it! I loved being able to sleep 10+ hours if I had the chance. It seemed easier to do when I was a day-shifter and not a night-shifter, but, either way, I could really get my sleep on if I had the time.


However, not lately. I don't know if it is pregnancy, vacation throwing me off my schedule, excitement about my brother's upcoming graduation, stress/excitement about the buying of our house and, now, the process of moving in and getting everything set up, or the fact that my doctors' appointments that I'm looking forward to are now 1 week and 2 weeks away. (So close!) Either way, I never hardly sleep past 3pm, and rarely get more than 2 to 4 hours sleep at a time. It really sucks. 


I've even tried benedryl to make me sleep (baby safe, I've checked). That stuff used to knock me out for a billion hours back in the day. Now? Nothing. I've taken two today and only slept four hours. And I still have to go to work! Ugh! At least I found a new Facebook game that really holds my attention for a long time to help me out during the slower times at night. Last night I worked on only about 2.5 hours of sleep and only once almost nodded off...and that was before I found the Facebook game, lol. (oh, and definitely not when I had any patient care to be concerned with!)


But, all in all, I blame this on the baby. Never in my life have I ever had sleeping problems, until now. It seems I can go to sleep just fine in the beginning, but I can't stay asleep for long. Once I wake up, I'm up. I'm hoping after my brother's graduation weekend, and after we get officially moved all the way in, things will settle down. Time will only tell, but I have to be more diligent about my sleep schedule. No more marathon naps! It's ruining bed time!


On another note, I'm 16 weeks this week. I think all the books call this week within the 4th month of pregnancy. Of the two books I have, they disagree on month 5. One says it starts at week 17 and the other says like week 18. How they could be so different, I have no idea...but whatever. I'm four months it seems regardless of the source, so that's cool. Almost half way through...but I know the more difficult times are coming in the third trimester...but so are the more fun times (feeling baby kick and all). Week 16 is an Avocado, the baby is like 4.5 inches long and about 3oz in weight, his or her eyes can actually now sense light, and is able to move around better thanks to innervation and muscles making enough connections to do it, though I haven't felt the kiddo move yet. The books say it's a bit early still.


I sneeze more, even though I've never experienced seasonal allergies in my life. I've officially ordered maternity jeans because mine just aren't comfortable sitting down anymore without at least un-buttoning them, if not unzipping a tad, lol. Otherwise, I think I just look pudgy. Oh, and I still pee all the freaking time. I still haven't found the heartbeat with my stethoscope or the Doppler machines at work. I've actually given up on the ones at work, don't remember if I mentioned that or not. Other than that, I'm great! Just sleepless...


Here is a picture of me in regular length Old Navy maternity jeans and maternity shirt. (I bought the shirt, but went online to get long jeans.) I think they look good!



No comments:

Post a Comment