Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm obsessed...

With my stethoscope. According to one of the books I have, I won't be able to hear my baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope until about 18 weeks (I'm 14 and some right now). Brandon told me I'm obsessed...and I think I'm ok with that!


What did not help with the obsession is my mom who remembers hearing my heartbeat before I was born with her own stethoscope. She also said, when she had time, she'd go and grab a doppler machine at work and listen to my heartbeat that way before she could find it with her stethoscope. (yes, I've dopplered myself at work, so has the monitor tech and the patient care tech, lol. Love you ladies, by the way) Mom swears she could do it this early, but, gosh, that was like, 30 years ago? 


All I hear right now is my stomach, and, wow, my stomach can make some crazy sounds! Of course I knew this already, because my stomach has bordered on hyperactive in sounds my entire life. Now, it's just nutty.


I also can find my heartbeat. I've convinced myself it's the blood flow through the placenta, but it is probably just one of the many large vessels that supply all my organs. 


Oh, and when we got home from vacation, mom said to me, "I bet I could find your baby's heartbeat with my stethoscope." She didn't know I try almost daily. So I challenged her to find it, and all she found was my heartbeat and tons of tummy noises. She laughed at me actually and declared them hyperactive, as well.


Oh well. Eventually I'll get to hear it without being at the doc office and can share it with Brandon and mom and whoever else wants to hear (my stethoscope stays in my purse since that's how I transport it to and from work). 


We still have a couple weeks until any big appointments. So, most likely just boring stuff until then! I'm ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment