Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fruit

A little back story. When I was planning our wedding, I participated in the local boards on TheKnot.com. I found it very helpful and found some cool people through it as well. TheNest.com I haven't participated in much because I haven't exactly had my own "nest," yet. I know you don't have to have a house, apartment, condo, whatever to participate, but there just wasn't a niche for me. I thought I'd like the Pets board, but I only check these sites about once or twice a day, the board was just too active for me to keep up with, and many of the ladies on the Pets board just took some things too extreme for me. They'd probably flame me for not going to the emergency vet every time one of my dogs had one of their freak lacerations. But, they've all healed just fine, thank you.


Anyways, I'm on TheBump.com now. The boards I enjoy the most would be my birth month board and Baby Names. Baby Names is a harsh board at times. Many girls are diplomatic about names they don't like (and, believe me, the poster is asking opinions, thus they're receiving them.) But some girls are very gung-ho, lets say, about why you should not name your child *insert name*. The typical reasons are things like, imagine a CEO of a company being named that, or how everyone will mispronounce it because of it's eu-neek spelling, or, for example, names like Judas will always carry bad connotations (even though, obviously, the child was not the person who sold out Jesus Christ back in the day). Apparently, there are names like Justyce Libertee for girls and a new name Nevaeh (meant to be Heaven, backwards, with a trans-location of vowels to make it more natural to say). Let's just say...not MY style, thanks.


But the point, you can have a ticker on TheBump associated with every time you post, and I picked the one that shows about what size your baby is compared to common fruit. It was fun...until NOW! Oh, and I assume they got the ticker idea from the popular book What to Expect When You're Expecting, because, in most of it's week by week descriptions of what is going on, it often compares the sizes to common fruit.


Weeks 3&4: Poppyseed (ok, not fruit, but seeds)


Week 5: Appleseed


Week 6: Sweet Pea


Week 7: Blueberry


Week 8: Raspberry


Week 9: Green Olive


Week 10: Prune


Week 11: Lime


Week 12: Plum


Week 13: Peach


Week 14: Lemon *me right now


Week 15: Naval Orange


The rest are: 16, Avocado; 17, Onion; 18, Sweet Potato; 19, Mango; 20, Cantaloupe; 21, Banana; 22-24, Papaya; 25-28, Eggplant; 29-32, Squash; 33-36, Honeydew; 37-delivery, Watermelon.


Why is my new fruit not exciting? Because I think lemons and limes are the same danged size just about! Lime was week 11, and, at 14, I'm a lemon? LAME! Also, on common fruit sizes, how exactly different is a peach from an orange from an onion (week 17)? Toss lemons and limes in there as well and it's like all the same size for weeks.


Now, the books do say that this week growth will vary a lot, which I'm assuming is why the similar sizes in fruit, but it was kind of fun seeing the fruit getting bigger, slowly, every week. Now it's more like...ugh. 


I just can't wait until I can confirm this isn't fat on my belly but a baby. Because right now it looks like fat. It doesn't necessarily 100% feel like fat...but ya, I feel fat. 


Maybe I should eat some more of the stupid fruit that is annoying me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment