Thursday, May 12, 2011

15 weeks now...

And nothing really new to report. I still don't think I have a "bump," yet. What I have is really just some fat. But I'm ok with that. I'm a big girl (as in tall with not a slight frame)...I have some room to spare.


However, now that the house is actually BOUGHT, we can starting thinking a little of the nursery. Most of the consideration will happen after we find out what we're having, but dumb things, like which room will the nursery be in, we can decide on now.


Since the new home is 4 bedrooms, we sorta have 3 to choose from. Our real estate agent just LOVED what was used as the study to be a nursery, but I personally think it is a terrible idea. I don't remember if Brandon weighed in on that idea or not, but here are my reasons. It is right next to the front door. The other two bedrooms are more on the side of the house, so there would be a lot less potential noise and traffic. Also, as it does have a super cute little chandelier and really pretty yellow painting already, it has French doors. If we wanted to close the door and keep the noise or lights out of the room, it would only be the French doors, which I just don't see as being as effective as a real door. I love the French doors, but not for a bedroom/nursery. And, besides, whichever room we pick for the nursery will be the kid's room as he or she grows up. I don't intend to have one room be a nursery and another room be the kid's room. That is too much work and moving crap around.


That leaves two rooms that are practically identical and side-by-side. I know which room I'd pick, and I think Brandon said he never really thought about it. It really makes little different. I would say which room I'd pick, but, literaly, it would be saying I pick left over the right. That gives no information, but is practically is all there is to the "big" decision to make. But, there we have it. After we pick, we can decide if we want to leave the colors as is, or paint some in the room. I think that will depend on what we're having some, but I don't want to go crazy with paint. I just can't imagine having a girl, painting a room bubble-gum pink, and leaving it that way for years. I suppose as the kid is little, no one will really care what color there is, but the thought of painting over colors like that just makes me cringe, too. I think any painting done should be simple and maybe just an accent wall or border or something, and leave the rest some neutral, generic color that could be easy to change decor over time and not clash.


But here are pictures of a convertible crib that would help keep the kid's nursery his or her room forever.



This isn't exactly what I'll get, but I do like this one a lot! See the top left picture is a perfect little crib, then can convert two different ways for a toddler/day bed. Then can convert one more time to a full size bed with headboard and foot board. Talk about all in one! It also has matching furniture, the chest of drawers and changing table. The changing table can have a hutch with it, but I'm not personally a huge fan of hutches. Also, not all changing tables have the little tower, which I'm not that fond of, but can make use of it for years. I think a nice toy storage area or something for the future. But, if I can find a set that looks more like a set of drawers than a changing tower, I'll likely hit that up instead of one exactly like this. But I love the options!

I was going to find pictures of cute nurseries that aren't over-done and show you things I kinda like, but I think this post is long enough right now. Have to same up something for the next uneventful update post, right?



4 comments:

  1. I love that convertible crib - that's awesome! :) Also, quit calling yourself a 'big girl', it makes us real big girls feel even bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I edited it. But there really is no easy way to say I'm tall and don't have a tiny frame any other way. I do have room for stuff...

    And you look great, woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick the one that is further away from the master bedroom. A couple I know had their daughter's bedroom on the complete other side of the house and loved the set up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, you'll see it soon enough, but like the master is not really close to any of the other rooms. So, no problem! lol

    ReplyDelete