Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Poll & Pictures of Baby Stuff!

So, now I'm 24 weeks along. I think that's 6 months or so, but, either way, it is 3 weeks away from 3rd trimester and about 16 weeks away from the full 40 week gestation period. More than half-way through. I still feel great. My sleep has gotten better (it was TERRIBLE for a while, from no sleep and exhausted to wanting to sleep all the time again) and I am definitely looking pregnant and not just fatter now.


My poll... and weigh in if you wish, but you don't have to. I'm trying to be unbiased in my pick for choosing a photographer for infant pictures. I am pretty sure I am NOT doing maternity photos. I just cannot imagine hanging pregnant pictures of me with Brandon on our walls to show off...or printing them in a book or anything. I really don't want to look at them and I doubt anyone else does...especially after our little guy comes along. Anyhow, I want awesome pictures of our little guy, of course. I started with the wonderful person who did our wedding (Lynn Michelle), but she was honest and said that kiddos were NOT her strong point, and gave me 3 recommendations. One of her recommendations was on my list of photographers for our wedding (not telling you who, though), so I want to make sure I don't just pick the photographer based on who I liked for engagement and wedding pictures!


All three of these choices are really great, I think. Just, which ones do you like better?
I just have to mention one thing, this little guy is a mover! Some days he's throttling me, and other days it's more subtle. However, when we went to church Sunday, we bowed our heads for the pastor's prayer. I felt him moving, so I had my eyes open just looking at my stomach and, holy crap, I could see my dress moving with his kicks! I elbowed Brandon at that time, of course, and pointed to the area he'd been kicking and, sure enough, he did it again for Brandon! Brandon smiled and rolled his eyes and whispered to me, "He's not even born yet and already restless in church!" We're in for a handful, I think!


Anyhow, moving on, I promised pictures. Here are the pictures of the glider we got for a deal! (40% off the floor model!) I think it looks in great shape for a floor model and it is so comfy!



When we get the crib, I'll take pictures of the bedding. We already have it, but I don't feel like pulling it out of it's pack just to lay it on the ground.  We also have some wall decor, but I think I'll save that for after we get the nursery sort of decorated.

I have a glucose tolerance test next week, ugh. All I do is not eat (especially anything sweet) before I go to the appointment, drink a super sugary drink, and then have my blood tested. If I pass the sugar trial, yay! If I don't, I will have to do a more in depth trial that takes like 3 hours! I don't think so! I swear I better pass because this little test disinterests me greatly already. And I believe the next big deal is a 28 week ultrasound...so four more weeks or so for that, then that'll be the last time we see our little minion until he decides to show up! 

And here are pictures of some other things we've received from my Mommy! She bought our little guy some onesies, gowns, socks, bibs, and hats as well as some of the diapers we want to use, nursing covers, and changing pads! They're so, soo soft and cute! I have tried to put the diaper on Ribby the beagle, however, the diapers are rated up to 35 pounds and Ribby weighs more than that, so, needless to say it wouldn't work. Too bad, would've been cute pictures! 

Sorry there are a lot of pictures, but laying the outfits out would have been a pain and it was just easier to quit shoot like that.


Sorry for the fuzzy picture. I forgot I had the auto focus off on my lens.


Cute little hats!


Mom so far has sent us 6 diapers! They're adjustable sizes. I have two pale yellow, two orange, and two green! His little butt will be so cute!


Socks!


Gowns


With a little basketball accessory (I have no idea what, if anything, he'll do with it...but it's still cute!)




Guitar accessory



Pea accessory


Teddy bear accessory


Lion accessory (on the shoulder because I didn't want to block the rest of the onesie)




Don't forget to weigh in on the photographers! (if you want, that is! I would really appreciate your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment