Thursday, August 11, 2011

3rd Trimester!

Well, I'm in the last leg! I hit it last week at 27 weeks (there are a few different counts, but 27 weeks is the count that makes me the happiest that I'm 3rd trimester now...and thebump.com agrees with me!).


This week I actually hit 28 weeks. Things are still going awesomely in my opinion. Sure, I'm not "myself," but I really don't want to complain because it has been marvelously wonderful so far. Am I sleeping well? Nope. Are my thighs and hips sore all the time, yep (I used to think it was walking the dogs...but nope, that just aggravates my sciatica if I don't stretch afterwards, I'm ALWAYS a little sore). I have a hard time sitting in one position for too long, especially being upright. Either my mid-back or lower back start aching. It actually seems to be better when I'm at work because I change position so frequently, but, driving or being at home, I start getting super uncomfortable.


Eating isn't as fun anymore, either lol. I'm HUNGRY, but when I eat, I ALWAYS get mild heartburn and feel like I can't breathe afterwards...but I could STILL be hungry! Running out of room I guess. I can't wait (feel the sarcasm?) for this little guy to get bigger and these all become much more pronounced!


But I assume I passed the 1 hour glucose tolerance test (where you drink a sugary drink and exactly one hour later have your blood sugar checked, it's to test for gestational diabetes). No one has called about my lab results, which usually means good news. It's been 3 weeks, so I figured I'd hear by now if I failed. 


I go to the doc next week. I'm actually sorta excited about this appointment. I'll get my RhoGam shot (because of my blood type) and will schedule my last ultrasound before I meet my baby! However, I think I'll have to start going to the doc more frequently now...so, whatever about that. At least the visits are pretty short. 


I have 2 classes scheduled now, one about child birth and one about breastfeeding. I'm kinda excited for those, especially the child birth class as that's when I'll get a tour of the hospital.


And there are only 3 more "fruit" left on thebump.com's countdown. I believe this is my last week as an eggplant and the next some-odd weeks I'll be a squash, then a honeydew, and then a watermelon! 


I am getting kicked all the time. At this point, I'm going to assume I'm grateful for an anterior placenta. I feel the kicks, but I hear about other girls whose babies actually inflict a level of pain when they're kicked. I don't ever feel pain, at least not yet. I'm thinking this anterior placenta is protecting me. So, fine, I may feel him less than others feel their babies, and I may not be able to auscultate his heartbeat with my stethoscope, but I don't get awakened because he's a kicking fool. I sleep right through it. Though, sometimes, his movements make me feel like I want to barf, but without the nausea...


Ok, I'll shut up. Maybe I'll have happier topics next time! But, I must say, I'm still very happy! We're all doing very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment