Monday, April 18, 2011

Not that I believe in signs, but...

And by signs, I mean if I dreamed I was having a girl, then it must be a girl. That kind of thing.


Side note:  I don't know if anyone tried to be clicky and vote on my silly little poll...but I don't think it was working anyways. It wouldn't let me vote! Lol. It should be fixed now...in case you cared. It let me vote...


However, what I've found to be a bit amusing is Brandon's recent Pei Wei trips.


Now, if you've been to Pei Wei and grabbed one of their fortune cookies, then you'll know they give some random comment (where a fake fortune USED to be, no thanks to whoever whined so much that their "fortune" didn't come true), some lottery numbers, and on the other side, a word and how to say and spell it in the language. (I assume it is Chinese...but if it is Japanese, I'm sorry. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know for certain with somewhat generic restaurants like Pei Wei...though I love them!).


Anyhow, back to the topic at hand, Brandon REALLY loves Pei Wei, and he frequently orders take out or eats there. Well, a few weeks ago, I get a text message from him including a picture of what the word of the fortune cookie was.


Here it is:




So, needless to say, we thought this was highly amusing and will be so tickled if the baby turns out to be a boy, after all. Let me remind you that this is the part of the "fortune" that is teaching you how to spell and say the word, not the fortune. Just in case you didn't catch on.


Well, fast forward to tonight, and Brandon gets sent home sick. Stupid pollen. But he stops and grabs some Pei Wei on the way home. When I get back from eating at my grandma's, I go and sit with him and he offers me his fortune cookie. Of course, I want the fortune cookie. I make a joke about how I'll scream if it teaches us the word girl now. But, alas, this is what came out:




It seems, according to Pei Wei, we're having a boy and he'll join us in October, not November. I guess I need to save up a little more vacation time to stay out through New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment